Monday, April 27, 2015

What Child is This?



What child wants.......

  • to Share---Set a timer so that when it beeps the toy can go to someone new for awhile and then back again.
  • to Wash hands---I buy foamy soap to "smash" it.
  • to Go Potty----especially in the middle of play. I am guilty. I bribe with stickers that have "special powers stuck to them". It keeps with the dramatic play they're involved in.
  • to Eat their vegies---Puree them an add to the spaghetti sauce. It's ok to be sly.
    • or tell them it makes their hair grow fast if they like getting hair cuts :)
  • to Be Quiet just because the baby is asleep---Pretend to be quiet so the bear can't hear you in his cave
  • to Take a Nap---Whe we wake up, it's time to do a "special" activity. And keep that promise.
  • To Sit Still--- During storytime, involve them with asking them to find and touch an item on each page, like "I Spy".
Any helpful hints for children? I'm all ears!

Check out some other A to Z blogs Here

2 comments:

  1. I told my girls who had long hair that the tangle fairies tangled their hair at night while they slept, and I had to comb them out. That way they didn't cry and fuss. I learned to braid their hair to help later. Then I learned from a friend that the Irish DO have 'tangle fairies' in their lore. I also said there was a Soother ( those little sucky things to help crying babies) fairy that comes to take the soother away from the older babies for the little newborns who need it. That little tale helped my younger girl give up her soother for a coin, when her sister was getting fairy coins from the tooth fairy. . . .It's all good fantasy when they can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that :) So much better to have a good memory to help transitioning. Thank you for sharing!

      Delete