Thursday, January 28, 2016

Humpty Dumpty/ Tasty Thursday

 We had a little bout of cold weather this week in Central Missouri.


So to keep from getting cabin fever (Cabin being a C word),

We proceeded to avoid this listlessness by keeping busy with various activities.

There was Art for Letter A.









Bead Stringing and Balance Beams made from masking tape since we have all ages and stages in my home.
Our Feat of the Week was
"C"ooking Cabbage soup.
What on earth would possess someone to make Cabbage soup with a group of very young children you may ask?
It began with reciting a nursery rhyme,
"Humpty Dumpty".
During the course of our conversation,
Ben, age 3 tells me that Humpty Dumpty ate Cabbage Soup.
I don't know where that came from but I went with his information and ran with it.
We got out my trusty phone and looked up images of cabbage soup online.
I asked him if he would like to make some soup and he insisted that it needed to be this
Cabbage variety.
And so it began.


Ben is the Sprinkler kind.

Macoy mastered the Scoop.
Lindley must cook a lot as she is peeking into the pot and arranging it :)
Signs of a future chef I'm absolutely sure!
My favorite picture is of Hudson who is unable to wait for my help.
I really didn't have much spillage believe it or not.
And the question everyone is asking.
Did they eat it?
Here are the results:

Macoy, age 4,  ate 2 bowls.
Ben of the Humpty Dumpty statement drank his broth.....two bowls full. He's 3 1/2 respectively.
Lindley and Hudson, both age 2, ate some but the jury is still out on their opinions.
They really liked the polish sausage addition the most.
After all, you can dip them in ketchup.
And, yes, we served ketchup on the side.
That is a topic to be saved for another Tasty Thursday though.










No comments:

Post a Comment