Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lime Pickles/Tasty Thursday

This last weekend when all of Sedalia turned out for the Missouri State Fair,
 including my daughter who brought me some of this,
 
I was here at home making a 3-day batch of
Lime Pickles.
Now you can use the recipe on the back of this package.
And I'm sure it's a good one.
But,
I have been blessed to have Grandma Hunter's recipe.
So time for some old-fashioned goodness on this Tasty Thursday.
Here's the Day 2 Soak.
And, yes, I had Plenty of cucumbers from my own garden.
Eleven pints to be exact.
With more to come,
I will definitely be in a Pickle.
Not the greatest joke, sorry.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this make me miss my grandma's pickles. She hasn't made them in years, and they were sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to appreciate the grandmas who had so many good recipes. Hoping to pass them all on :)

      Delete