Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Making Tuesday Tolerable

In your easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the easter parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the easter parade.
On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the easter parade.
                                           Irving Berlin/ Easter Parade



After a pretty windy evening here in Missouri (I'm talking tornado warnings all over the place including one here), I thought it would be the appropriate time to share a recent accomplishment. After all, a hat for covering those ears in this wind is a must when you are under a year old. 
An old high school friend was looking for someone to make her granddaughter a hat. I tried out the pattern and took 7 rows off before coming up with the right size she'd be needing. Confucious say: Be cautious of free patterns. This is just my personal experience talking.
 After some contemplating, the Daisies were picked as her preference over roses and I'm so glad she chose them. They are so gosh darn cute!!
These lil' sisters helped me figure out the size. The top model is 2 1/2. The infant is 3 months. Between the 2 we got the size just right. 
Just in time for Easter!!

Hope these  little rays of sunshine have made your Tuesday more Tolerable!

No comments:

Post a Comment