Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Annual Persimmon Report(West-Central Missouri Version)



We made our weekly trek to Walmart this afternoon and along the way home we stopped at our favorite persimmon tree spot. It's on the Katy Trail naturally. Ron brought his handy dandy cell phone for the photography.

The fruit was smaller this year. These hadn't yet fallen so I chose them as they are less gooey.



Here's the inside of one of the three I picked. The drought/heat of this last summer was evident with the fact that each fruit only held 1 seed. Slim pickins for my winter forecast I guess.

This photo gives you an idea of the actual size of the seed.
Here's my opportunity to ask my Aunt Glenda for her persimmon jam recipe. Pretty please???? I do this before the results of the winter prediction you notice??

It's not pretty. I see we have a knife (mild temperatures)
& a spoon (lots of snow......again) 


No comments:

Post a Comment