Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thank You Tax Dollars/Tasty Thursday

Tasty Thursday
The year is 2008 and the Spanish class is doing a "Hands-on" cooking activity. Memorized from that class moment, she replicated a delicious meal for her father and I. I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday and my eldest made this for us for supper on Sunday evening and has not made it since that Spring of her freshman year. She's now entering Grad School. Proof that cooking with your kids is a memorable experience. I highly encourage you to Brave those dirty dishes and mess potential.
Now that I'm off my soap box, here's the event in pictures.
I present:
Chorizo Con Huevos y Nopalitos (Eggs with Chorizo and Cactus)

And no I couldn't stand idly by and let her do All the cookin.
My lil contribution from the garden......
Sauteed zucchini w/minced garlic in butter and olive oil.

Warming some corn tortillas. No butter or oil.
And don't forget the hot sauce. (not being paid to promote this brand. Pick whatever you like)
Ta Da!! Topped with some shredded cheese is how I completed my plate. You could add some sour cream or guacamole if desired. 
As for those tax dollars, well I'm pretty happy how things panned out. Pardon the pun. 








No comments:

Post a Comment