Thursday, October 22, 2015

After All, Tomorrow is Another Day/ Tasty Thursday

A perfect bundle of flowers from a perfect little girl!
This was my birthday greeting on Friday.
I certainly felt a little better about turning a year older with such a lovely bouquet.
Thank you Miss Emmi and family!




Continuing on with the trend for beautiful things, my sister made a very thoughtful choice when she picked this gem up at the Warsaw Heritage Days. The crème de la crème of craft shows in the state of Missouri. I didn't attend this year, but maybe I would have discovered what sister was up to if I had?? Everything works out the way it should!



 A trip to some local Antique shops was my choice for birthday shopping. I lucked into a bargain on vintage flour sack fabric at a favorite haunt of ours, Chelsea's.
Can't find this at Walmart.
But my favorite find was this 1932 children's cookbook. It claims to "Teach children to cook successfully. 
Take a look inside!
Here's the table of contents. Such cute recipe titles. It even shows a proper table setting!
With a bouquet of flowers naturally :)

My question to you is, What is this ingredient spelled "fladousing"???
Effie Jean Carter, I wonder if you're still out there to translate?
I have a feeling this mystery will go unsolved on this Tasty Thursday.





2 comments: