Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hopscotch Quilting and Missing Lane

My lastest Etsy creation on Katy Trail Creations

Special thanks to the girls, Morgan (who loves my cookin!) and my youngest daughter Kirsten.
 Yes there's a great meal in the works for their help :)
 
Speaking of Meals,
Pardon my absence from the Tasty Thursday posts. We had a tragic loss in our lives and I just didn't feel like cooking from the stash of recipes.
In short, just because the hurt is still deep, we had an 11 year old tragically killed in a tractor accident. He had been one of our daycare 'kids' and his younger brother just left for Kindergarten last month. The family was like our own.
Please say some prayers for them. There is nothing more needed when there's a loss of a child.
This was our Lane one Fall weekend back in 2011 in Florence, Missouri. He came to greet us while we were having Rachel's Senior pics taken. He had just been out with his dad deer hunting. His home is just down the road in this picture and I know his home now is in Heaven and our forever in our hearts.
 
 

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beyond tragic, so sorry for his family and for you.
    Anabel's Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the loss. I find it's a tragedy whenever I hear anyone has died. My heart always goes out to those who have lost loved ones. My thoughts are with you and his family.

    ReplyDelete