Sunday, June 14, 2015

Italia in Nashville

One thing in life that is a constant is Food. No matter who you are, you gotta eat. So Linking up with this Tasty Thursday Challenge is pretty appealing.

Since this is not a Thursday, I'm going to show you what I ate prior to last Thursday in Nashville, Tennessee. We ate at a little 'hole in the wall' in East Nashville where they served gluten free pizza. My husband and daughter hooked up with a G-Free app on their phones and proceeded to find directions to Italia. They were extremely pleased with their pizza. We have tried many, many G-free pizzas to date and they both were in awe at how good this was. That makes Momma happy to see her brood content with dinner. :)

But I have to tell you about the Gyro dinner. OMG!!! I like to died and went to heaven!
Pictures don't do it justice. But here is one where I'm halfway through the meal.
Gyros like this don't come along everyday. This was authentic, delicious and left me sad all at the same time. Sad because I won't find Gyro meals like this where I'm from. It's usually very thin slices and not nearly such generous portions. And the Basmati rice had sautéed tomatoes, onions and peppers all mixed in. Very flavorful combination. Of course there was the traditional cucumber sauce and pita bread. Nothing was left to add to this plate but my fork and knife.

When the owner spoke to us, I told him he needed to move his place to Missouri. He said he used to live and work in St. Louis. But didn't own a restaurant there at that time.
I say it's time to start one there. Better yet, one in Sedalia. 
 

4 comments:

  1. It's always a sad thing when you find a perfect dish while you're traveling. :( I hope you find gyros that are just as good in Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a gyros on pita bread this past Sunday it was great. They served it with some extremely spicy fried potatoes that were good, but they were unexpectedly spicy--more spicy than any middle eastern food I'd ever had before. I love middle eastern food.

    Sedalia? Man I have some wild memories of that place from back in 1976 when I was working on a carnival at the fair there. Someday I'll have to write about that experience.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fair was probably just as "colorful" then as it is now. lol The more things change, the more they stay the same. Will be looking forward to reading about your experience there. Not sure I'll write about mine. My mother is still living. ;)

      Delete