Thursday, January 20, 2011

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

Some say Plato was the originator of that quote. I personally have no idea but it became a thought that crossed my mind when my back door shade broke. Here's the furthest the shade will go down before the little strings are ate up by the shade & cannot be retrieved.....
One problem we discovered with the lack of a shade concerns our golden retriever, Flash.
Don't be misled that "Flash" has anything to do with his being quick-minded (or quick in any way for that matter.)
So for instance, last night when we were in the midst of a blizzard, he's sitting at the back door looking in with 1 inch of snow on his head.
Just sitting.
Not flinching.
So....to keep him from freezing in that position, I found a pattern for a new shade.

With fabric in hand, I began my latest project of making a Roman Shade. Above pic is front, bottom pic is lining.

Here he stands.

New shade made & installed .
Hopefully he'll go to his little igloo dog hut when we get that snow heading our way on Sunday evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment