Friday, February 16, 2018

Meal in a Skillet/Tried It


After a few requests to return to foodie posts on this blog, I've decided to take the leap again and get out the recipes. This time, I'm going to try some new ones from cookbooks and online sources as well as testing those new products I find in the store. I will not be endorsing anyone, just trying to keep meals and snacks interesting.  

I introduce from Pinterest, 
Yes, I  have to admit it. I spend my fair share of time perusing Pinterest. And of course, not all things found there are what they claim. Recipes are no different. 

  1. But  it was cold outside
  2. I wasn't leaving the house
  3. Everyone in town the country seems to have the flu
  4. I am determined to use what I have in the pantry til payday.
So.....Pinterest had a good idea from another blog. There are a lot of good food blogs out there by the way. And I felt it was pretty reliable after reading through the recipe.  
Other than a few alterations in the recipe for my own personal taste, I present this entry in the 'Tried It'-sphere.
alterations included:

Cook rice in chicken broth first.
Only green peppers since that's what we had.
Extra onion.
 Left out the parsley. 
And FYI, I highly recommend learning how to use regular rice, not the minute variety. You get much more for your dollar not to mention way better flavor and texture.
And since I was gifted this beautiful Heirloom Recipe book, I've hand-written the card and photographed it for you. 
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I agree about Pinterest and often feel badly for anyone without a working knowledge of kitchen science. So many times things are missing if not outright wrong in key portions of a recipe. But I do sometimes get great ideas and even a treasure. We love rice dishes!

    ReplyDelete