Friday, April 24, 2015

Unchained Melody




Unchained may be the title of that song, but in my home, we definitely have chain reactions. No "Un" about it.
There's the time my daughter decided to adopt 2 puppies. Let me explain the problem with my chain reaction thought process.

We have #1. no fence as we've been "Under Construction" since last June.
#2. The back yard is still a mud pit.
#3. I am not going to be the one to go around the yard picking up land mines.
#4 Because, Mom's you know, it's always us in the end.
#5. I don't need a vet bill, much less a Double vet bill.

So, after a stressful year of construction, I honestly needed to take the time this year to bury myself in this song, "Unchained Melody" to bring myself some calm. This song was hard. It required intense concentration and time. But I'm pretty dog-gone (pardon the pun) proud I accomplished it.

To finish the story of the puppies, we were able to find a home for them and keep them together. A chain of hope ended this saga.

And Note to my daughter:  Once you have a home of your very own and decide to have pets, I will be more than happy to house sit your pets (just no snakes please).

Check out some other A to Z blogs Here
 

4 comments:

  1. Clap, clap, clap, clap!
    Well done!
    I’m impressed that you stayed firm about the puppies. The quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! While i do love animals i also have to keep my sanity. Irish chains are on my quilting bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite songs.
    Grandpets are the pets especially when they live somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's what I'm talking about!! lol Thank you for the support!

      Delete