Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Wi"Z"ard of O"Z" for Isaiah



Oz, as you all know is where the tornado blew Dorothy to in the classic movie Wizard of Oz. Dorothy encounters trials and tribulations and meets friends along the way to assist her (and themselves) along the path, The Yellow Brick Road. The moral of the story as they find the Wizard is that the things you seek are inside you all along. You just need to believe in yourself.

Easier said than done sometimes.

This last 2 years, we've been honored to meet a young lady and her son who has a terminal illness. It's called Vanishing White Matter Disease. You can learn more about this disease on the website, http://ulf.org/vanishing-white-matter-disease . Their yellow brick road has been bumpy to put it mildly.

For my final A to Z Challenge post for 2015, I am dedicating this one to Isaiah and his mom, Bethany. Their journey has been extremely difficult as Isaiah is only 4 years old and is a daily inspiration to us with his constant smiles.

I believe in the power of prayer and my request to my fellow bloggers, family and friends, from all over the world is to please say one for them. Pray for peace, strength, healing and a cure for future generations. May Isaiah's story teach us all the importance of love and holding fast to the small moments in life.

Thank you and thanks for reading my blog this 2015 Challenge.

More Isaiah below:
http://fox4kc.com/?s=kcmo+fire+grants+make+a+wish

Update on Isaiah 6/28/16
https://www.facebook.com/FightliketheChamp/posts/821670967934436
Please continue to keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.


 Check out some other A to Z blogs Here

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet child :)
    Congratulations on completing the challenge! :) The linky list for Reflections will be up on the main blog on Monday.
    Cheers!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes that yellow brick road is a hard one. Sad story. I'll keep some good thoughts for them.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All thoughts and prayers appreciated. The hardest part is yet to come. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. What a great post, such a great kid... Oz is a place where a dream can be just a few clicks away... I give my clicks to Isaiah...

    Oh, I hope that makes sense....

    We made it... thank you!
    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet child and a sad story. I've bookmarked your blog and the link you provided . I have a toddler niece who was recently diagnosed with lukadystrophy. I'm sure I spelled it wrong and when I mention it to people that ask me if I mean something else, but I dont. Apparently my niece who was very developing normally up until a month or so ago has this diseases that destroy the white matter of her brain and she is digressing - no longer able to walk or talk. It's such a terrible tragedy. I am going to check out the link you provided as soon as I can tonight . Thanks for sharing .

    Congratulations for making it to the end of the challenge. I'm trying to make my way through the list and visit all the participants.
    Melissa Sugar
    @msugar13
    Sugarlaw13@live.com
    Http://fictiontoolbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. I was so torn writing this last post, not wanting to cause Bethany heartache. It's bittersweet to look back. But yet I knew the pictures speak the loudest. Isaiah was perfectly fine in his infant and toddler years and you can see it vividly with the time that has passed.
      Never did I really think I would encounter another who was going through the same thing here in A to Z as it is so rare. I am so humbled and glad to lend any help I can with the information I provided. I encourage your niece's family to connect with groups to support them all. Thank you so much for commenting. I wish blessings to your niece through this and may there be a cure discovered soon!

      Delete
  5. What a sweet child - and this was a well produced video/news story. My brother in law is developmentally disabled but it is nothing like what this family is experiencing. A late co worker had a son who died (this was many years ago) at age three; the doctors never were able to figure out what was wrong. It impacted her tremendously for the rest of her life. I wonder if her son had one of these rare diseases. Thank you for blogging about this. May this family be granted the strength they will need in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. It's very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete