Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tell It To Jesus




This is one of the hymns I remember best from my childhood years in attending a little country church "Antioch Baptist Church". It conjures up images of people who are long gone but were very influential. These people were far from the Time Magazine's "most influential people in the world" list. But their signicant impact on a life has been long-lasting.

So what would you say to someone in your past if you had the chance again? Maybe a 'thanks' for the pen and mini notebook they handed you during a particularly boring sermon. (Sorry, they exist.) Grandma, you saved my mother's sanity, and me a swat :)

Or what about the church deacon/sheriff deputy/neighbor, who didn't let you hang your sister when she had that party while mom was out of state? I'd definitely thank him for his wisdom in handling the situation. No punches were swung. And we are the closest of sisters today many, many years later.

Or the pastor's wife who I assisted one summer in the  2-year-old room at Vacation Bible School. Little did I know I was seeing my future career form. Her patience was golden and I'd thank her for the example she set.

I'm feeling pretty blessed for the life experiences that have led me down my life's path.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
 
Check out some other A to Z blogs Here

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, there are lots of such people I would want to thank from my past. What an interesting thought?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, there are lots of such people I would want to thank from my past. What an interesting thought?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to think, til we meet again thoughts. Definitely have hugs planned for each one! But hopefully not too soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the #atozchallenge 2015! Thanks for visiting me.Congratulations on making it past the first half of the challenge.
    Great post. I'm following you on your listed social media sites.
    J @JLenniDorner

    I do have people that I'm thankful to, those who helped me while traveling. A few who I didn't know what they had done until later, so I have no way to personally thank them. But I'm glad they were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follows! Sorry just noticed the comment this morning. Have a great rest of the challenge & beyond!

      Delete