Saturday, April 18, 2015

Power in the Blood



Power in physics equals the rate of doing work. So while I think I do pretty good "powerful" work in my day job, there are many areas I lack "power". Here's a couple for sure:
  • After 3 knee surgeries including one broken knee cap in the mix,
 I. Can't. Run.                            No Power there


  • Pulling an all-nighter these days would be a Big FAIL.
On the positive side:
  • Having enough power to do this A to Z challenge has been time-consuming, but do-able. Feeling some power as I made it this far for a 2nd year. Yay to me :)
  •  I probably appear powerful to a child  when I can reach up high (even though I'm pretty short)
  • And when a child runs to me for a hug, they feel powerful hugging as tight as they can.      Love that!!!
Most of the time we don't strive for power. We just use powerful means to help each other out. Like the times a family member or friend suffers health issues. Seeing and experiencing these hold us powerless many times (we initially think.) But what we learn is that by encouraging them and doing our part, we give them comfort, hope and time to regain their own Power.
 
Yep, another Bible Verse:
Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.     

Check out some other A to Z blogs Here


 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think people don't realise how much power they have until they have to call on their reserves for something. I think it's also important to not let other people have too much power over you. ;-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete