Thursday, April 9, 2015

House of the Rising Sun



House of the rising sun? Oh no! We like sleep here. But to keep with the theme of Rising Sun at least, I decided to do a Sunny list---of sorts.

Like how about Mom's sunflower quilt blocks she hand embroidered and gave me many years ago.  I recently discovered the 'safe' place I had put them. I was so thrilled and am anxious to start a quilt top with them. Here's a pic of one:

Other 'sunny' thoughts,

  • A good old fashioned Sunrise Service on Easter Sunday is definitely good for the soul
  • How about a Sundress?
  • Or a Sun hat?
  • A crocheted Mandala could look like a sunrise in the correct colors like this one:


Opened my copy of this book and took the pic myself from Crochet Master Class
 by Jean Leinhauser 
and Rita Weiss

6 comments:

  1. Love the sunflower :-) Happy to find your blog:-) Good luck on A to Z:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brand new follower here, dropping by from A to Z.

    Nice to meet you, Stephanie!

    2015 A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Matthew MacNish from The QQQE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your time spent visiting! Thanks for the follow as well.

      Delete