Friday, October 21, 2016

Cooking Empowerment (& a Birthday)/Friday Flavor

Ok, so I thought I'd keep the birthday thing under wraps on social media. But a couple family members had other ideas. Thanks daughter #1 and Only Sister. I say that with my sweetest reminder that they too will be celebrating someday.........
At least my Mother-in-law tried to sweeten the deal for real with this personal cake.
It. Was. Wonderful!
Thank you Nancy :)
Kirsten surprised me with flowers, balloons and a lovely little package. 
Thank you for making my day special!
#LoveMyDaughters
Fast forward to Thursday,
we worked on a lil' recipe with the children.
This was on Pinterest and as you can see, we altered it a bit to fit my ingredients on hand.
Have you ever tried Pear Honey? It was one of the substitutes for the maple syrup. 
The doubled batch made enough to fill that pitcher in the end.


With special permission, I can show you the 'action'. Just look at the intent on those faces!
Sure added some Flavor to my day.
Hope you'll be back next week for more Friday Flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment