Thursday, September 8, 2016

You Don't Know Jack/Tasty Thursday

Friday night we began our Labor Day Weekend with a drive to Lawrence, Kansas to pick up one daughter and brought the other one along. As with any longish road trip, food has to be in the plan. Especially when the trip has to start after 5:30 pm.
Our choice in Overland Park, Kansas was 
Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue.

 I love how I have all 3 of them in this shot with the mirror helping me out.
So great seating is a plus for them to begin with.
The Gluten Free option Rachel shared with her dad was called The Round Up.
Sampling of Sliced Beef, Pork, Ham, and Pork Spare Ribs. 
Sides of Cheesy Corn and Baked Beans. 
Definitely enough to share.
Kirsten picked out the Arkansas Topper after much deliberation. 
 "Boneless chicken breast topped with barbecue sauce, cheddar and jack cheese, and your choice of barbecue meat." straight from the menu.
No complaints and the fries were a huge score!
This comes from my Hamburger connoisseur.


My dinner pick was something I wouldn't normally choose.
I like a little spice and this one fit the bill pretty good. Not too hot but definitely had a bit of a kick. And you never go wrong with bacon. Just my opinion.
"Pepper jack cheese, bacon and side of chipotle ranch."
Served on a whole wheat bun but I mainly ate the meat portion with the fries and was totally satisfied. 
Hunger. Gone.
This is not a fly-by BBQ joint. It's a firmly established part of Kansas City Barbecue tradition having been around since 1957. 
If you haven't tried Kansas City Barbecue, 
You Don't Know Jack!


No comments:

Post a Comment