Saturday, April 4, 2015

Bulgar (Jewish Dance)



What makes you Dance?
Go ahead. Turn up the volume on your favorite song. Find a private space if you must. And dance.

My dad tried to teach me the 2-step. No matter how many beers he had, he knew I was doomed to failure. A disappointment for us both. I really, really wanted to learn.
But that didn't stop me from my sole personal moments of bursting out in dance.
On your worst days, there's nothing like blaring song and a dance around the room.
 
There's something therapeutic about Dance. It has many benefits.
 
 
I tell my daycare kids that it makes you Smart :)
 
 
 
It's linked to:
  • Boosting memory
  • Improved flexibility
  • Stress reduction
  • Diminishing depression
  • Heart health
  • Weight loss
  • Improved balance
  • Increased energy
  • Healing
  • Creating friendships
Well......I make friends with 2,3 & 4 year olds at least.
 


Check out other awesome bloggers Here


7 comments:

  1. So interesting! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a terrible dancer, but it is fun to try sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie .. I too am an awful dancer .. can't do it for toffee! But fun that you tried and you remember the experience with your Dad ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Miss him bunches! Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete