Sunday, November 30, 2014

Life is Too Short

Feelings that can come to pass when you have been singled out by your family.
  1. Despair: "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."
    Philippians 4:8
  2. Anger: "Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, For anger resides in the bosom of fools."
    Ecclesiastes 7:9
  3. Depression: "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
    Isaiah 41:10
  4. Grief: "Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."
    1 Peter 5:7
 Yesterday at a local craft show while attending my booth there came along a lady who was reminiscing of yesteryear as she tasted the goodies from the booth next to ours. She described in great detail the recipes of her grandmother who was an immigrant of Austria and how it was rumored she was held for some time by the Royalty there for her great talent of baking and finally allowed to come to America. Great stuff. A story to be very proud of.

I said as much and said I hoped she had those wonderful recipes. The next thing I know she's telling me she is estranged from her sisters who have the book of recipes her grandmother had written them all down in and who won't allow her even copies of the recipes. Or copies of family photos. They won't even speak.

She was in tears slowly telling me more and more about wrongs of her siblings towards her and she was unaware of why they treated her this way. She talked about her brother near death but recovered and hearing about it from a family friend.

She offered her help in a family member's time of need and was firmly refused; given excuses that seemed sensible at the time, but revealed later by another friend as just another part of her alienation.

The story went on and on for about 45 minutes.
Ron, sitting there, was totally convinced we knew each other. I never learned her name.

We've all been in situations where someone is mad at us. My theory after losing my father at a young age:
Life Is Too Short
 


I'm not here to preach about wrongs and rights. Only about feelings.
During this upcoming holiday season, if you can lend an ear to someone, do it.
We all have struggles.
We all have been wronged.
We all feel pain.
And we all have the ability to lend some human spirit of caring to someone.
Pass It On.

No comments:

Post a Comment