Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Red mushrooms

This is a first in my yard - red mushrooms - up close & personal
We have quite a few of them actually.
I hope they aren't poisonous to pets
or at least I hope our pet is smart enough to leave them alone.
But he does eat apples......
So you just never can tell.
Kirsten was up bright & early looking for peas in the garden. She found a few to add to what we've collected so far.
We are cookin' them right now with carrots & onions.
Kirsten is tending the stove so I can blog this.
Can you tell???
Better go check my supper.

3 comments:

  1. I love fresh veggies!! So yummy! Its making me wish I had a garden. Thanks for following the sisters:)
    ~Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is really an amazing and attractive post about red mushroom and others.I appreciate your posted wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing such an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the mushrooms are called bi colored boletes and are very tasty. They have a poisonous look alike however. If they stain blue immediately when you bruise them, they could be the poisonous type

    ReplyDelete