Monday, May 17, 2010

Missouri Star

I'm so excited that I've found a way to do this quilt block at ballgames!! Here's the block, no border


Next is what I hand quilted on the drive to the VA yesterday. (took Ron to ER as his bronchitis needed a jump start on antibiotics before it took hold of his already weak lungs)


Sorry it's all wrinkly. Left it in the hoop as I was in a hurry to get pictures on computer before bed.
Using the quilt-as-you-go method again.

This is the book I got the pattern from. I bought it last year at the Kansas City Star store in Overland Park, Kansas. Sadly, the store closed I suppose due to the economy. Had I known this, I'd of bought more books as they had several on clearance. This was not one. I'd like to alternate the Missouri Star block with the
Missouri Puzzle block shown next...

Must also share the pics of our trip home where we viewed the vineyards on the Missouri River Bluffs & stopped at Rocheport to stretch our legs.



















Pictured above are the vineyards, a view of the Missouri River (flooding) and Kirsten on the Katy Trail at Rocheport.

Rachel staying dry at Rocheport
I wonder if the fine city of Sedalia would let me have a storm cellar in My front yard???

2 comments:

  1. Did you go inside the winery and eat? It's a beautiful Timber frame building. And their desserts are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to sometime, but we weren't properly attired. lol

    ReplyDelete